Our publications are changing and growing; from this year we have taken on responsibility for publication of Essex Journal. The Journal which is published twice a year in Spring and Autumn first appeared in 1966 as a successor to the Essex Review which had ceased publication in 1957. Essex Journal thrived at first but after 40 years hit a crisis with dwindling subscriptions which nearly led to its demise, fortunately an enlarged and dynamic editorial board restored its fortunes, not least through the imaginative and efficient work of Neil Wiffen (Editor 2007–20). When Neil decided to stand down as editor the Editorial Board and the Essex Society for Archaeology and History (ESAH) decided that the Society would assume responsibility for publication of Essex Journal. The Society provides a secure home for the Journal which complements our flagship publication Essex Archaeology and History and our Occasional Paper Series. Now that we are publishing Essex Journal our newsletter has moved to digital distribution and will appear, twice yearly, in Winter and Summer, and of course we have recently relaunched our website, so these are exciting times for ESAH publications.