The Essex Review: An illustrated quarterly record of everything of permanent interest in the county was published from 1892 to 1957 comprising 66 volumes (258 issues). The title is now owned by the Essex Society for Archaeology and History. The Essex Journal is now published as a successor to the Essex Review.
Three general indices were published as follows:
Volumes 1 (1892) to 36 (1927): published by Benham & Co. in 1930;
Volumes 37 (1928) to 61 (1952): compiled by Kenneth Walker and published by Benham & Co. in 1953; and
Volumes 62 (1953) to 65 (1957): compiled by Kenneth Walker and published in 1967.
Volumes will shortly be available as downloadable PDF files. Volumes 25 (1916) to 52 (1943) are not currently available and are in the process of being digitised.